Local Sustainable Transport Fund
We've been the experts in all matters walking for over 80 years. We've been working with authorities all over England on developing successful Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF) bids and would be delighted to meet with you to share some ideas and help you implement your project in the most effective way.
- Make walking the natural choice for short journeys by improving walking links to local shops and services
- Enable end to end sustainable journeys by creating good pedestrian access to public transport hubs
- Talk to people about the personal benefits of travelling actively and help them find their most suitable alternative to single person car usage.
- Create good pedestrian access to key employment destinations to enable sustainable end to end journeys
- Implement a culture of walking within education establishments to reduce congestion and improve the reliability of journey times
- Work with employers to embed sustainable travel into organisational culture.
Creating a legacy
- Sustained change can be achieved when physical activity and sustainable travel are integrated into organizational culture
- Train and develop local people who can continue to champion walking after the life of the fund.
Working with your local businesses
- Identify their corporate objectives and integrate active travel into their sustainability or health & wellbeing strategy
- Understand the unique challenges faced by each business and tailor your solution to meet individual needs
- Encourage businesses to work together, sharing best practice and making best use of available resources.
Please contact Richard Mullis who would be delighted to share ideas for your project: firstname.lastname@example.org.